Tuesday 24 May 2016

What's happening in the nesting box? with Blue the Wyandotte

Hens usually prefer nice quiet, dark private corners to lay.
Recently, as Sunny and Lacey settle in to the nesting box they are greeted by Blue right up in their business. Miss nosey parker has been getting closer and closer... the laying girls find it unsettling! Lacey complains when company is around, but Sunny is right at the bottom of the pecking order and will sit there, red faced until she's finished.
This morning Blue decided she needed to know what really happens in the nest
 
 
'Sunny! what are you doing? OMG there's something coming out of your butt! it's another one of those oval things the humans are so excited about, haha weird!'
 

 
'I can't see very well from here so I'm gonna come in! okay? this is fine, I'll just scooch in with you.'
at this point, Sunny squishes past Blue out of the box to make an announcement
 
 
Sunny - 'I'VE MADE AN OVAL THING! IT SUCKED A LOT!'
Blue - 'SHE MADE AN EGG! LOOK HOW LOUD I CAN YELL!'

 
 
'All alone, finally! how rude of her to stick around so long. What is this thing under me? I certainly didn't put it here,'
 
 
'All done, time to sing a song!'
Except
she hadn't...
   seems Blue is just practicing at the moment :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment